Recent Blog Posts
World's largest randomized controlled trial of acupuncture in emergency departments finds it is a safe and effective alternative to pain-relieving drugs.
Read the full article here: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/06/170618103517.htm
I've found that this site has a clear and friendly explanation of acupressure for labor induction, including images, descriptions, and videos. I am sharing the link here for future reference!
How To Induce Labor With Acupressure - Mommypotamus.com
Nurturing Life in Classical Chinese Medicine: Sun Simiao on Healing without Drugs, Transforming Bodies and Cultivating Life - Health Preservation - JCM Article Archive
In this article, Sabine Wilms explains some of the ideas of Sun Simiao, "King of Medicines", a master of Chinese Medicine who lived around 600 AD. Besides his contributions to herbal medicines, and acupuncture methods, he discussed the theory of Chinese Medicine, and developed theories of the correspondances between the micro and macro cosms, betwen human and environment, especially in realtion to the 5 phases, i-jing, and the bagua.
This is just a short blog post to note that there will be an relatively large renovation of our building (11 rue de la Gare) during 2016. The exterior of the building will be refreshed, with new paint, energy efficient windows, and modern balcony dressings. There will be renovations of the ground floor commercial spaces, and of the open first-floor terrace.
- The Pulse in TCM
- Nepal Health Camps for Earthquake Relief
- Nurturing Life in Classical Chinese Medicine: Sun Simiao on Healing without Drugs, Transforming Bodies and Cultivating Life - Health Preservation - JCM Article Archive
- Renovations in Nyon
- The Art of Thanka Painting
- How To Induce Labor With Acupressure
- How does acupuncture work?
- Learn Acupuncture Point Names
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) in Geneva
- FSH Levels
- Citric Acid Cycle
- Preparing for Study in China
- ITM articles on Multiple Sclerosis
- The Science of Stretch | The Scientist Magazine®
- Photos from Study in China 2014
- Video - Physiology of Acupuncture
- Supporting Women's Reproductive Health with TCM
- Insulin Resistance and the Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Mechanism and Implications for Pathogenesis: Endocrine Reviews: Vol 18, No 6
- Key Foods to Build Kidney Yin Energy
- The Wellness Living Store: Summer Cooling Tea - Refreshing
- Relief for Nepal after Earthquakes
- Benchen Monastery Community - Benchen Free Clinic
- Volumes of the European Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine
New TCM Research
Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine Volume 2015 (2015), Article ID 975632, 10 pages
Cell Physiol Biochem. 2016 Apr 18;38(4):1605-1617. [Epub ahead of print] http://www.karger.com/?DOI=10.1159/000443101
J Acupunct Meridian Stud. 2015 Oct;8(5):249-54. doi: 10.1016/j.jams.2015.08.003. Epub 2015 Sep 11.